Dr. Janne L. Punski-Hoogervorst is a Dutch-trained medical doctor and PhD candidate, specializing in adult psychiatry with a focus on trauma-related disorders.
After graduating from Leiden University (The Netherlands) she worked in psychiatry, before moving to Israel to obtain a PhD at Haifa University and Technion – Israel Institute of Technology. Her research focusses on PTSD and psychotrauma, within the frame of occupational therapy and behavioural neuroscience. Furthermore, Janne is an independent Holocaust researcher, op/ed writer with words in i.a. the Times of Israel, board member of the Dutch Psychotrauma Association (NtVP), and Military SIG co-chair of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS).
Twitter | LinkedIn | ResearchGate | ORCID
- Book Review – ‘War and Remembrance: recollecting and representing war’ edited by Dickason, Letort, Prum, and Bélanger
- Book Review – ‘Survivors: Children’s Lives After the Holocaust’ by Rebecca Clifford
- Book Review – ‘When God Stops Fighting’ by Mark Juergensmeyer
- Book Review – ‘A Matter of Death and Life’ by Irvin and Marilyn Yalom
- Mental illness as political weaponry: A (former) Prime Minister’s low-point